In the Buzzzzz:
Beginner Beekeeping Class Planned for February 2022
Welcome to the Cowlitz Beekeepers Association Website
If you live in Longview or the surrounding area and already keep bees, intend to do so or are simply interested in this fascinating hobby, Cowlitz Beekeepers Association is the association for you. Even if you don’t keep bees, joining us will help support our cause, our community action, awareness, and education programs.
We meet Monthly on the 3rd Thursday of each month (except for Sept and Dec) at the Sons of Norway, 224 Catlin St., Kelso Wa 98626 from 7:00 - 9:00PM.
Meetings are held on Zoom until further Notice
Please contact us for the Zoom login information
If you should encounter a Honey bee swarm plase contact us to remove it.
Bill (360) 430-4077
A Honey bee swarm:
- Is Gentle, not aggresive
- Is resting and will move on by itself once they find a home
- Will NOT attack you unless provoked
If you have a SWARM
- Call or email us as soon as possible - Disturb it
- Observe it from a safe distance - Spray it with an insecticide
- Take pictuers, it is educational - Hose it down with water
- Hit it with a stick
- Call an exterminator